2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Records Returned (2003)

I have a query that pulls up owner records. Sometimes, my query pulls up more than one record, due to the owner having multiple records. Each record has address information. The problem I'm having is the information (address) is not always consistent across the same owners. Basically I have a form where a user searches on an owners name, and I pull up both records (the user can click the nav button at the bottom of the form to switch between the multiple records). I'd like to somehow display a message if the address1 or city is not the same. A warning so to speak to give the user the opportunity to modify the incorrect information. Is this possible?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Records Returned (2003)

It sounds like you have a non-normalized database. You should have a table for owners so only 1 address is associated with an owner. You then have a Properties table (just a guess), and each owner can have 1 one more properties.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, the database is actually a pervasive database, which makes up our Accounting back office software. I use Microsoft Access as a front end reporting tool for the users. Unfortunately, the database has an owners table with multiple records for each user, with an owner id as the identifying record. So for example, I can have the following:

1-53001, Test User, Addr1, City, State, Zip
    2-53004, Test User, Addr1, City, State, Zip

The 1-53 being one property and 2-53 meaning another...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Is the 1-53001 a field in the Access database or the pervasive database (never heard of this database)?

You say the database has an owners table with multiple records per user, is this a table in the Access database?

What do you actually want to do here, i am confused?