New Lounger
    Thanks

Round in increments of 6 (2003)

We bill clients in increments of 6 minutes. If actual time = 6 minutes, then billable time = 6 minutes. If actual time = 7 minutes then billable time = 12 minutes. I need a formula that can be entered into a field on the time form. I have tried using RESULT = INT(([field]+6)/6)*6. This works unless the actual time is already an increment of 6, then it ADDs 6 additional minutes, which I don't want (if the actual time is 6, this formula returns 12, but should return 6).
    I have also tried using an IIf statement (=IIf[field]=(INT(([field]/6)*6),[field],INT(([field]+6)/6)*6. This prevents the increase when the actual time is an increment of 6, but it always increase the actual time 6 minutes (not in increments of 6).

I am a novice, so I may be going about this entirely wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Round in increments of 6 (2003)

The formula would be:

-int(-[field]/6)*6)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, but this doesn't seem to help. It returns actual time. The actual time was 23 minutes, this returned 23 minutes, not 24.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Check how you've entered the formula then, this is the "standard" round up to a number method.

-23/6 = -3.83333
    int(-3.83333) = -4
    -(-4)= 4
    4*6 = 24