I have a client who is running price checker devices based on Windows CE 4.1 and 4.2. He has them reading an HTML page that includes a component that checks the time stamp of a file on a server. On the WinCE 4.1 systems (with Internet Explorer 5.5), IE gives the following warning message: "This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This presents a security risk. Do you want to continue?" When you click "yes" it works fine, but he doesn't want the error message to be constantly appearing. On the WinCE 4.2 systems (IE 6) the message does not appear.

Some online research suggests that this can be fixed in IE by going to Tools | Internet Options | Security | Internet Zone (or intranet zone) | Custom Level, finding the "Miscellaneous" section, and enabling the item "Access data sources across domains". Unfortunately, my client says when he clicks the Security tab, he only has 5 options there, and another 4 on the advanced tab. They are set the same on both his 4.1 and 4.2 systems:

- Allow Cookies (Checked)
- Allow TLS 1.0 security (Unchecked)
- Allow TLS 2.0 security (Checked)
- Allow TLS 3.0 security (Checked)
- Warn when switching across secure and insecure areas (Unchecked)

- Display images in pages (Checked)
- Play sound in pages (Checked)
- Enable scripting (Checked)
- Display a notification about every script error (Unchecked)

My problem is that I'm not very familiar with WinCE, so I don't know how to get around it very well. Is there another way to get to the Internet Options (i.e. through the control panel) or does WinCE work differently in this regard? Any other suggestions on how to adjust this setting (or another fix for the problem)?