markpud

Outlook 2k crash

My Outlook 2000 (WinME) has suddenly started crashing on startup, giving an error about mso9.dll
    I have tried the office repair thingy, and even reinstalling office back over the top to no avail. I also tried removing my .pst file and Outlook went through the process of creating a new one, then crashed again.
    Most annoying, has anyone got any suggestions?? [img]/w3timages/icons/sick.gif[/img]

Thanks

Re: Outlook 2k crash

According to MS here, you have done what you can [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Can you find the mso9.dll file on your PC?
    Have you run an error-check on your hd(s)?

markpud

I have found mso9.dll. I even deleted it and then ran the repair feature again. But the restored copy did the same [img]/w3timages/icons/alien.gif[/img]
    I haven't tried the scandisk/defrag combo recently, maybe I'll give them a whirl...
    Failing that a format seems like the easyest way out [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img], i'm thinking of going back to 98 anyway...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

are you in corporate or internet mail only mode? if corp, try a new profile. if IMO, you would need to del the profile keys from your registry.

markpud

gimme a clue then? which keys please!!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

i don't know, i don't use IMO. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Search your registry for windows messaging - export that branch then delete. alternately, search for your pst name. (by default, it's outlook.pst unless you changed it)