Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlinks in E-mailed Presentation (PowerPoint2002)

I am trying to put a 1-slide PowerPoint presentation into an e-mail such that the recipient doesn't have to click an attachment (more like sending a picture). However, the slide has 3 hyperlinks contained on it: 2 to websites and 1 set as a "mailto." How can I do this without losing the hyperlink functionality and without the presentation appearing in the e-mail as an attachment? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Penni

Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks in E-mailed Presentation (PowerPoin

Depending on your email program, you might be able to use HTML stationery. PowerPoint can save as/export to a web page. I think you see where I'm going with this. However, I haven't tried it, and you might end up with a web page that is only compatible with Internet Explorer...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks in E-mailed Presentation (PowerPoin

I figured out a way, although convoluted. In PowerPoint, I made sure that the three hyperlinks looked like hyperlinks (underlined and a different color) and then saved the slide as a JPEG. I then pulled it into Dreamweaver, mapped the hyperlinks using the area map feature, and then tested it in a browser (IE 6.0). Next, while still in IE, I clicked File/Edit in Microsoft Word. Once in Word, I then did a Send To . . . Mail Recipient. All of this netted me a nice-looking image in an Outlook e-mail that also had functioning "hyperlinks." Whew! I haven't looked into Stationery. I will also spend some time today seeing if that would have worked as well. Thanks for your help. Penni