2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pivot table count (2003 sp2)

I have some raw data that I've based a pivot table on & have been able to get most of what I need for several different reports just by changing the layout or using VBA.
    I'm stumped on this one though. I need to count the number of records for each employee based on 1 of 4 possible entries in a Source field. Employee is the row field, Source is a column and Data is count of source. I've tried in VBA and using GetPivotData but can't seem to get around the fact that all employees will not always have any records (like if they're on vacation) and the fact that there may not always be all 4 Sources. For example, the source possibilities are Email,Voicemail, Telephone and Fax - there may be a day where no faxes have been received. Can anyone tell me how to allow for those items? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: Pivot table count (2003 sp2)

I am not sure I understand. Could you provide a sample spreadsheet. I owuld think if you counted and they had no dates or nor source those values would equal zero, so I am not sure what the problem is.

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pivot table count (2003 sp2)

I finally figured it out myself. I just needed to add IF/ISERR to my GETPIVOTDATA so it would return 0 if the person or source wasn't found. Thanks anyway.