4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text Box Selected With Regular Text (XP, SP2)

We're trying to re-create a letterhead that we think looks nice. My problem is that I've used a text box in the left margin for the address. Whenever I select the body paragraphs to delete, it selects the text box text, too, and deletes it. Same with a frame and a table. I've tried using a table for the whole document but then when the body parapraphs expand to a second page the cell with the address rolls to the second page, too. Any suggestions? I've attached a screen shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    egghead

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text Box Selected With Regular Text (XP, SP2)

You could cut the text box, then view the page header, paste it and move it to the desired location.
    Since the user is less likely to delete paragraphs in the header, the text box is more secure there.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I hadn't tried that using a text box. I had tried it using a table but then the size of the header changed. Very cool. Thanks for a great suggestion!
    egghead

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

A table is placed inline with the text by default, but in Word 2000 and later, you can make it floating too, like a text box: move the mouse pointer over the table, then use the Table Move Handle that appears just above and slightly to the left of the table to drag it to the desired position. Or you can paste the table into a text box (in the header, of course).