3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Insert 'Company' from File Info (Word 2003)

I want to be able to insert, as a field, the Company name that is listed under File | Properties. I went to Insert | Field and looked through several of the options, but did not find Company Name (though I did find several other fields under the Properties section like Comments, Subject, Title, etc.). Does anyone know how to insert the Company field?

Also - that Company field is something that is already filled out for me and I know that it's pulling information that was entered when I setup the computer, but I can't remember where that info is stored and where it can be accessed to edit it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert 'Company' from File Info (Word 2003)

You can use the DocProperty field to insert document properties. If you select Insert | Field, then select DocProperty in the list of fields, you'll see a list of available properties. The field code for the company name is

{ DOCPROPERTY Company }

See MSKB article How to change the company name and user name in Office 2003 for your other question (it's rather technical!)