Thread: command line

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

command line

I am trying to write a line of code that would open a program and then open the file in the program.

Something like this:

C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle Video PlayerGoogleVideoPlayer.exe /Cocuments and SettingspbienMy DocumentsMy VideosGoogle VideosOld Lady Pwnz Mercedes Guy.gvi

How can I do this?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: command line

I don't have the Google video player, so I have no idea whether it has a command line interface, but does the following work?

"C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle Video PlayerGoogleVideoPlayer.exe" "Cocuments and SettingspbienMy DocumentsMy VideosGoogle VideosOld Lady Pwnz Mercedes Guy.gvi"

(quotes around the path to the video player, and quotes around the path to the video)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans.

It worked. My question related to one you replied to earlier. I can now make google player open up in PowerPoint and run the video.

What I did was create a hyperlink on a slide that goes to the run program command that opens the Google player and runs the video.

The only thing I can't get rid of is the warning message that pops up. I can live with that.

Thanks

Paul

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

You can also convert your .gvi file to .avi format using Naevius GVI Converter and then simply include .avi clip into your presentation.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I downloaded the converter and that works fine, but...

The AVi file will now play in windows media player when I click on the file to open it.

When I insert the new avi file into PowerPoint, run the show, and try to play the movie it will not play. I can't figure out what setting is wrong.

Any ideas?