Lounger
    Thanks

Pivot Table from Multiple columns (2003)

I have a monster spread sheet (well a monster for me) with 10 work sheets with data. It is a gradebook that I have created with each classroom teacher that I have with there own work sheet. On this work sheet I have my students listed with 6 columns of data that is collected each time I see them. At the end of the quarter I average each of the six items by day. Example; Joey (Classroom rules 1, Follow directions 2, Kindness 1, etc). Can I create a pivot table or several Pivot tables on a different worksheet to show the students name and the present average for all six area's? Now I have to scroll all the way to the end of the work sheet to see them.

Thanks

Re: Pivot Table from Multiple columns (2003)

I think it would be much easier to put into 1 worksheet and add a column for the teacher. Combining different sheets into 1 pivot table is very restrictive to the data setup.

Combining also has the advantage of being able to use other features like filtering and subtotals to examine in other ways.

Steve

Lounger
    Thanks

Ahh, yes I agree but how would I go about combining into one sheet? I know the trick formula of ='worksheetnameCell but I've found that if I sort information on the referenced worksheet it gives an error on the combined worksheet. Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Simply place all data in one worksheet, for example by cutting and pasting. So you'd do away with the separate worksheets completely.