5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Journal not making entries (Excel 2003)

My Journal stopped making entries on 12/14/06 according to what I see. I use the Journal alot. I checked my settings and still show the journal entries for excel workbooks checked. I looked for any filters or queries I may have left on, but don't seem to find any. What steps can I take to figure out why this has stopped? Could it be a folder size or archiving problem? TYIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Journal not making entries (Excel 2003)

I think a folder can hold about 65,000 entries - how many are there in your Journal folder now?
    There is also a limit on the .pst file size, but if you have reached that, you'd also have problems receiving e-mail etc.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

The maximum file size for a pst file is dependent on the version of Outlook and the type of folder. See How to configure the size limit for both (.pst) and (.ost) files in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003 for information on setting the limits. The maximum size for an older pst file (called Personal Folders 97-2002) is 2GB while for the newer pst type (Personal Folders) it is 20GB.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That folder has 2,400 entries showing in the status bar. THe Journal has entries from 8/1/06 to 12/14/06. I tried archiving and it did not seem to change anything. My Options/Journal options are for Excel, Word, Access and Power Point files. I do not think that the fields I show should limit what I'm seeing..is there any way to reset the options to defaults, to be sure?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Even though Outlook is supposed to pick up the values from the registry for Journaling, see How to set Outlook journal registry entries for information on what to you can check manually. BTW, are you using a Timeline View which could exclude current entries?

Joe
    Joe