Lounger
    Thanks

Clipart (Word 2002 SR3)

I recently copied all the clipart to my harddrive in the location that Word looks for it. However, when I search for a clipart image and click on it, Word insists that the clipart is still on the Word media disk that came with the program. How do i get Word to recognize that the clipart files have been copied to the following location which is specified in the ToolsFile Location area? crogram filesmicrosoft officeclipart........

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clipart (Word 2002 SR3)

There is an Office tool named Clip Organizer, see if this is listed in Programs | (Microsoft Office) | Microisoft Office Tools. You can use this to catalog the clip art on your hard disk.

Lounger
    Thanks

I am well aware of the Clip Organizer but have no desire to catalog the hundreds of images that come with Office manually. When i search, Clip Organizer finds the images that match my search phrase. However, it thinks they are still on the Media CD that came with Office when they are really on my hard drive. THAT is the problem. How do I get the software to understand that the clips are already on the hard drive:?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

How did you copy the clipart to your hard disk? If you simply copied it in Windows Explorer, Office doesn't "know" about it. If you used the Add/Remove Programs control panel, Office apps should recognize that the clipart has been installed on the hard disk.

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that was the answer. I reinstalled from the Media disk and everything is working fine. Thanks.