2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Password Protecting File Upload Form (Front Page 2002)

I would like to create a "file upload form" so that clients can upload large audio files through my website. However, I would like for the client to have a password in order to access the file upload form from my website, so as to prevent unauthorized files being uploaded. Can anyone tell me how to do this or give me suggestions on where to find documentation on password protecting only one page in a website. Many thanks!

Thanks

Re: Password Protecting File Upload Form (Front Pa

Microsoft has a very long (but not very complicated) set of instructions for creating a password protected web, which you can make a subweb in your web site. The FP 2002 version of the article is here: How to use a database for user names and passwords in FrontPage 2002

(If you don't have Microsoft Access, you can use the attached database in Step 3. I can't recall whether I followed the directions exactly and I don't have Access on this PC, so perhaps someone else can verify that if you don't have Access.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Password Protecting File Upload Form (Front Pa

Many thanks for your reply. I saw that article you mentioned but didn't want to have to go through all that (making a subweb) for just one simple form page. I googled "free Javascripts for password protection of one web page," and found many scripts that one just has to copy and paste into the head and body of html code on page in question. I am going to try a few of these scripts and see if they do the trick. Thanks again for your help.