2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Issue (Word 2003)

I've created a letterhead template for use "globally". I've set the printing preferences to "pull" from tray 2 where our "nice" paper lives. If I create a new letter from this template by double clicking on the template from the windows explorer, then print the new document, it works fine. But, if I click File, New from within Word, create a new document based on this template, then print. It does not pull from tray 2. I've attached a PDF with screen shots of my printing setup. Am I missing something?
    Char
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Charlotte Quiroz

Thanks

Re: Printing Issue (Word 2003)

I usually set the trays explicitly in those two list boxes on the first tab. Not sure whether the default tray on the second page is reliable.

Note that changing printers may cause Word to fall back to AutoSelect if they use different tray numbering schemes.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried setting the tray specifically to Tray 2, with the same result. Any idea why when I use Word's "File, New " this would not work? It's consistant on all workstations.
    Charlotte Quiroz

Thanks

> Any idea why when I use Word's "File, New " this would not work? It's consistent on all workstations.

No, it should be the same. File>New>On my computer and launching a new document by double-clicking a template is, at least in theory, the same action. I'll make an exception for documents launched from a web server (such as Sharepoint) because different security rules often apply in that context, changing the code that automatically runs (e.g., AutoNew).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help. I actually figured it out. For some strange reason, that workstation had an old version of the template. So, while I changed the printing preferences on the template (current version), that workstation was not accessing the correct template set.....
    Charlotte Quiroz