New Lounger
    Thanks

Importing data changes to a table (2003)

I have a situation in which someone wants to send a form to a number of external contacts to update information in an existing database. This form would be sent back individually by these contacts and the fields that have changed would need to be updated in the Access database. Using a data access page so the external contacts could update directly to the database isn't an option at this point. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle this? I suppose an update query could be used but it would have to be run for each form that is returned-correct?
    Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing data changes to a table (2003)

Will this be a paper form or an electronic form?
    If it is a paper form, manual data entry is probably the easiest way, unless you can afford to have the forms scanned and processed - this is only cost-effective if the number of forms is very large.
    If it is an electronic form, you can append the data from each form to a table, and use this for an update query when all forms have been returned, or process each form as it comes back. What is most efficient may also depend on the format.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing data changes to a table (2003)

It will be an electronic form so I guess appending them to a table and then updating would be the most efficient way. Thanks for your help.