New Lounger
    Thanks

Powerpoint Timer (Office 2002)

Teacher needs help! I am looking for a count-down time in power point (vaqriable 1-5 mins ideally). I know how to make slides to count down, but what I'm after is an object I can add to a powerpoint slide to give my students say 5 minutes to complete the task on the slide. I could add a small video of a clock in the corner, but I want to be cleverer. It would be nice to be able to insert something that I could change the time period of and would count down and play a sound......'you have five minutes to complete this powerpoint exercise' - remaining time is in the corner of the same powerpoint.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Powerpoint Timer (Office 2002)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I don't have an exact solution for you, but here are some links that might be useful:
    Clocks and timers for PowerPoint (various links to add-ins)
    VersaTimer - Countdown timer with rule-based option
    Easy HR : Count Down Timer Software Utility

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Morning, I have an excellent working example but it is 908kb and I cannot reduce it any further, if none of Hans solutions are good for you please feel free to PM me your email address and I will send it to you

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Alan

I am glad that you liked the presentation that I made for you and I have now customised it to include 5, 4 ,3, 2 and 1 minute length pages to be copied and added as required with voice prompts saying how long the duration of the question is and then minute markers until the time is up, however this is nearly 11mb and cannot be posted here, however Nan at Brainy Betty has kindly put the Zip on her site for anybody that likes the idea of it can use it, you can access the site from this link http://www.brainybetty.com/ this shows a digital style countdown timer, I have made another if you are interested that has a 'clockface' kind of look with sweeping segments that countsdown from 5 minutes, this presentation is 500mb so if you want it please pm or email me.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)