5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changing percentages (2003)

Good morning

I work in the courier industry and send out tariffs by email, however these can change month by month according to the fuel surcharge levied by the airlines, one month it may be 12% and another month say 9%, I once posted a question (Ican't find it for the life of me now but it could have been 2 or 3 years ago) asking how to globally change the cell values of the tariff to reflect these increases. As usual I received goods answers but they would have involved me emailing all of the clients and relying on them to copy and paste a value into the tariff which would be hit and miss.

I have now come up with the attached which most of the Lounge afficiandos will probably already know how to do but I thought it worth sharing with other people who may be at my basement level of Excel problem solving. I have noticed (by accident) that by inserting a negative value it could be used on tarrifs where certain customers are given discounts for bulk usage.

Hope this is useful to anybody out there

Steve

Edited by Steve: Sorry I posted a copy with update links from my original workbook
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)