Lounger
    Thanks

#error messages and subforms (97 and 2000)

The #error message appears on the main form. I am referencing a field/control on a subform. When the subform is populated with data, the control displays the answer perfectly However, when the subform does not contain data, #error appears.

I know about the erravoid function to correct the problem in the report but not in the form. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Scott

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: #error messages and subforms (97 and 2000)

I just had this problem in an application I'm developing. In my case, it happened because I assigned a default value to both the control on the subform and the corresponding field in the database table. As soon as I removed the default value from the table field, #Error disappeared from the control on the subform. I hope this helps.

Lounger
    Thanks

If figured it out. Nothing difficult but a real pain. I had to create duplicate fields for each field that would have a problem. I then used the erravoid function on that field. Whenever there would be an error, 0 would appear. subform field TotalProfit woud display as an error. In the duplicate field, I would use =erravoid(TotalProfit) as the control source.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Did you try using the Nz function in the original version, without the duplicate fields?
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

NZ does not work because the original field yields an error not a null value. Use the erravoid function found at Microsoft.