2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ActiveSync 3.8.0 and Vista

I'm currently using ActiveSync 3.8.0 on my DELL Axim running Windows Mobile 2003 version 4.21.1088. My bride and I are awaiting delivery of our new DELL laptop & desktop both of which will be running Vista.

Does anyone know if ActiveSync 3.8.0 will run with Vista? If not, do you know what version/s will run on Vista and will they work with Windows Mobile 2003?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: ActiveSync 3.8.0 and Vista

At http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/act...tivesync42.mspx you will find the following.
    ActiveSync 4.2

Note: Microsoft ActiveSync works only with Windows XP or earlier. If you have Windows Vista, your synchronization settings will be managed through the Windows Mobile Device Center. Windows Mobile Device Center is available through Windows Update and the Windows Mobile Device Center page.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dave A.,

I want to thank you VERY much for the information you provided me. Had it not been for you I'd have probably just had to stumble onto the WMDC on my own in how ever many days, weeks, or even months it might have taken to do so. A friend and I followed the prompts and instructions and, after a couple of hiccoughs, got my Axim to sync up with the new desktop. I'm eager, and a bit anxious, about seeing how the new set-up handles the transfer and sync of the Access db's I use often on the job. I believe I'm going to rename an existing db (to dbname.old) before replacing it via ActiveSync.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Glad to be assistance to you.
    Keep enjoying your visits to "The Lounge".

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.