New Lounger
    Thanks

iPAQ protection & prob w/download

Was reading Woody on Spybot S&D, so I went to download.com & saw the Spybot Mobile PC download. Seemed ok, download proved difficult to organize, What in the heck? Could someone pls give me a basic laymans definition of where to put these babies after extract?? I have windows XP 2pac & this is getting fusteranting! Going to crash before my head pops, I'm sure it's very simple, but I'm not gettin anywhere. First I put them on my desktop, which I'm positive ppl are sniggering at me for doing, then I brought up my Activesync in plopped the desktop copies in my Mobile Devise section of my iPAQ hx2795. Nothing, just dead air...I use it for my client business name chks out in the field so would appreciate a walkthrough so's I have some protection. Sorry for the long-*** note. Ty Jen
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: iPAQ protection & prob w/download

iPaqs use Windows Mobile OS, not sure if there are many iPaq users in the Lounge. You will need to find a Win Mobile installer that recognizes this file. I'm not an iPaq user, though I see from here that usually the files are installed from the PC or from a cab file.

Did you get that file from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html? If so, the Spybot - Search and Destroy for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs .03 file you should have downloaded is "spybotsdce.ppc.arm.cab". The zipfile you attached ends with a .003 extension. If not where did you obtain it - can you provide the link?

(The zipfile from that link is 2.6 Mb, too large to post on the Lounge.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ty for the return message., Actually I received the spybotsdce.ppc.arm[1], I sent you one of the (4) included in it, Mobile DB.003, S5Hbni~J.002, S568NCN~P.000 and S68NCN~P.001 So when I received the Spybotsdce, I wasn't at all familiar with the way it was displayed, nor did I know where to put it....I'm a novice & my Computer guy is gone to Vegas. Guess I'll go to pocketpcmag.com & throw the dice...it's just that I don't quite understand so much lingo so I can't wing it. Like what is a cab file...UGH. Also, I obtained them from download.com Thanks much. Jen

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This page on the Spybot S&D website contains installation instructions. If I understand correctly, there is no need for you to extract any files from the file you downloaded, you only need to copy it to your iPAQ using ActiveSync. Opening the file on your iPAQ should start the installation automatically.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hans gave you the critical steps you need, but FYI, a *.cab file is a "cabinet" file, a standard compressed file format used by Windows platforms containing installation source files. If you look at the files on any Windows PC installation you should find many *.cab files.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS