Silver Lounger
    Thanks

97 (User Permissions)

Hi,

I am working on a database that was built by someone else who is nowhere to be found. He set Admin and user permissions. I would like to remove them for two reasons = mainly so I can work on the database at home and second so I can have the 7 different people using it run the database from their C drive. Presently they all run it from the server and its painfully slow. The tables are split and have permissions on them. I followed the directions in access for removing permissions but had no luck. I know it must be able to be done. The only groups are Admion and User.

What am I missing?
    Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 97 (User Permissions)

From the Access Security FAQ:
    <hr>How can I "de-secure" a database?

You need to have Administer permissions and/or be a member of the Admins group. Grant full permissions to the Users group and the Admin user account. Put the Admin user back in the Admins group and remove the password from the Admin user. You will not be prompted for a logon ID and password once the password is removed from the Admin user. Optionally, you can also run the Security Wizard again to transfer ownership of all objects back to the Admin user, but the wizard will also remove permissions from the Users group, which you may not want.<hr>
    HTH

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 97 (User Permissions)

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

Alicia