New Lounger
    Thanks

open XLMS doc in 2007 (2007)

when I save a file in xlms it gives no indication of an error. When I open it from the windows explorer it has the attached icon and does not load properly. Do anyone know what this means or how to fix it? Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I am using custom properties. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: open XLMS doc in 2007 (2007)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I don't have Office 2007 yet, but I know that the .xlsm extension is used for workbooks containing VBA macro code. Have you checked the Macro Settings in the Trust Center? If you use the highest level of security, macros will be disabled silently.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have it set to enable all macros. I do not have the check box for "Trust access to the VBA project object model checked. However, when I do check it, I get the same result.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I did a search, but I cannot find anything relevant. I hope that somebody who has Excel 2007 will come up with a suggestion.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

What exactly happens during opening?
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

HI Jennifer

First of all, the icon is not showing that there is something 'wrong' - this is the standard Excel2007 icon for macro-enabled workbooks.
    (There are different icons for Excel workbook; Excel 97-2003 workbook; Excel Binary workbook; Excel macro-enabled workbook).

So the question is, does the file open 'properly' when you start Excel 2007, then click the Office button (top left corner) , then click the 'Open' folder icon, then browse to the required file in the File browser dialog?
    Does the file open properly when selected from the Excel2007 Recent Documents list?

Do you only have Excel2007 installed on this system?
    If you have multiple versions of Excel installed, double-clicking a file in windows explorer may try to load the 2007 file into the 'wrong' Excel version (e.g. Excel 2003).

Try loading Excel2007 first, and then double click the file in windows explorer.

zeddy

Thanks

Do you find that if you double-click the file in Explorer then minimize and maximize the Excel window, it opens OK? If not, what exactly is the issue you are having?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel