New Lounger
    Thanks

Export contact info from public folders (2003)

I have read through earlier posts on exporting from outlook but could not find an answer to my problem.

At the company I have just joined, they used public folders in Microsoft Outlook 2003 contacts to store client information. They now want to export this information. I can't figure out how to export the information from the public files. Is there a method to do this? Or do I need to buy a software product like Clipform?

Thank you so much.
    Alison

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Export contact info from public folders (2003)

I was just able to export a public folder that had contact forms in it. In Outlook did you open the folder in question and go to File | Import and Export and follow the pormpts? Did you get an error message?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks--I gather now it could be my settings. I'm not the system admin. I don't even get the option of exporting/importing public folders when I go to File | Import and Export.

So I guess I should ask my system administrator to give me the permission to access the public folder, first...

Thanks! Alison

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Do you mean the wizard does not start? You do have to go through two screens of selections before selecting the folder to export. Yes, you do need permission to acces the folder.

Joe
    Joe