3 Star Lounger
    Sydney, Australia, New South Wales, Australia

List of available references (Access 2000)

I want to programatically determine is a particlar reference is available.
    That is, when you go into the VBA editor, Tools, References all references available are listed.
    It's easy to find out the ones that are active (ticked) using the Application.References collection.
    As I am using late binding (CreateObject rather than New), that object is not ticked. Some machines have the control I'm interested in installed; others don't.
    I want to determine that via code.

Yes, I could look for the DLL's existence, but it may not be installed in the same directory, or it might exist but not have been registered.

In <post#=627923>post 627923</post#>, the idea is to use On Error. But this causes all sorts of drama if the user has Error Trapping - Break on all errors set.

Thanks for any ideas.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: List of available references (Access 2000)

From a newsgroup search, I get the impression that there is no practical way to retrieve the list of all available references. The info is stored in the registry, but you'd have to trawl through various parts of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

You should instruct your users to turn off "Break on all errors" anyway - it wreaks havoc with all error handling in your code.