3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Scripting Forms (OL2000)

I have a generic HTML form which I want to be using across different sites.
    The form is saved as .oft

IF, I save the form as a html template then the user has to use the actions>create from option in order to bring the new message up and then they change the relevant parts of the form to "tailor" the output to their requirements. This works fine apart from when they decide to make changes by deleting or moving bits of text and then it all goes belly up with formatting (background images) being deleted and not really remaining as per intended by management.

So, I saved the form as .oft

NOW, I want to be able to change the body text in the html page such that the user is prompted when the form opens to provide certain details which are then included as part of the page, e.g. location, name et cetera.
    But when I change the body text to my html script it changes the whole of the page to text and relegates the background images to attachments.

Is there any way past this to have the body remain as html - or - as I have seen from older comments, am I stuck with the text and resorting to templates?

TIA
    Alan
    Cheshire

(ps, I saw reference to "party invitation.oft" in an Outlook text book which looks to be just what I should be checking out, but cannot find hide nor hair of it on microsoft or internet - anyone else seen this form?)

Thanks

Re: Scripting Forms (OL2000)

The object model for Outlook mail items has a .Body and an .HtmlBody. There was a problem in Word 97 or 2000 (or maybe both, I can't recall) that assigning to the .Body converted the message to RTF format, so you probably have to work directly with the HTML code in the .HtmlBody.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scripting Forms (OL2000)

Many thanks, The HTMLBody was lacking in my coding so I was just getting text.
    Just tried and it works a treat.

Cheers
    Alan