Star Lounger
    Thanks

Loss of bulleting when copying styles in Organizer (Word 2003 ver. 11.xxxx SP2)

I have need to use Organizer to copy a set of styles into a number of documents. (There is a reason why I cannot simply create the documents from an appropriate template. The reason does not relate directly to Word...it's an unrelated procedural policy.)

As you can see in the images, in the source .DOT there are two bulleted styles which are cloned from their non-bulleted counterparts.
    After using Organizer to copy these styles into other documents, although the styles "claim" to inherit from their counterparts, they lose the bulleted property.

What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loss of bulleting when copying styles in Organizer (Word 2003 ver. 11.

You're doing nothing wrong. Unfortunately, this feature is broken. In the past, the recommendation was to copy the styles three times, in the hope that the inheritance would work OK the second or third time. But it doesn't (always) work.

You could attach the appropriate template to the documents and specify that the document styles should be updated automatically, then detach the template again (by re-attaching the original template). If you don't want to do that either, I don't know a solution or workaround for this bug.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loss of bulleting when copying styles in Organizer (Word 2003 ver. 11.

Thanks, Hans. At least I'm not losing my mind.