Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Aborted Send (2003)

This may not be an Outlook problem, but it occurs with Outlook. A friend gets the following error message when attempting to send a message with a 5MB attachment over her AT&T DSL connection.

"Task 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B): "The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server." ..."

Yahoo indicates that it can handle up to 20 MB per message, but something seems to be cutting it off. I didn't find any unusual security or other settings on her computer. She can send 5MB messages to her Juno account, so I am suspicious that it is something to do with the yahoo thing or with something within Outlook.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Aborted Send (2003)

This 0x8004210B - Google Search has many threads to read. Several say it is an ISP issue and talk to them. Are you sure the AT&T policy on attachment sizes is the same for sending and receiving? Sometimes you can receive a larger attachment than you can send. I think a call to AT&T DSL support is in order.

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Aborted Send (2003)

I think you're right. I found one posting on Google where they had the same problem. The ISP changed the POP server and the problem went away.