New Lounger
    Thanks

error message (Office 2003 & ? IE7)

for the past few days every time I click send/receive I appear to be receiving and/or sending all my messages but have a box saying "completing 9 out of 12 tasks" and that it has completed 80% but it then stops with an error message. Why and how do I stop this? I contacted my ISP but no luck.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: error message (Office 2003 & ? IE7)

What is the error message?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

hi joe thanks for getting back what happens is either I get a box in the top left which "hangs" saying 9 out of 12 tasks completed successfully and 80% completed and for a split second in the bottom right it flashes error message but nothing further. I am a complete novice so maybe there's a simple explanation

Thanks

The dialog should show the Errors tab. Change to the other tab and select the failed tasks (marked with !). A brief explanation of the failed task should appear at the bottom of the dialog. Do they identify particular accounts that might have settings or ISP issues?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have done as you suggested and the following error meeage was displayed: " Task 'smtp.******.com-receiving' reported error (ox800cccof): The connection to the server was interrupted if this continues contact your server.' I have done so and they told me I had maybe sent a large volume of mail but the problem has been ongoing since Tuesday and I have sent no more mail than usual. What does the message mean?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

It could mean several things. One, your ISP is having server issues. ISPs are not very forthcoming when they have problems. If this is the case it will clear up on its own when they find a resolution. Two, you could be having a hardware problem. Either a modem, router, NIC, or cable could cause an issue. Tell us a more about your hardware setup and we may be able to suggest some troubleshooting steps. Three, it could be a software problem. Have you installed any new software recently or updated any existing software recently?

Joe
    Joe