Thanks

Ruler movement increment is no longer metric. (2000)

I'm attempting to use Word 2000 to convert a set of HTML pages into a printable Word document. Along the way I've encountered some elements of Word that are new to me. Unfortunately, they also seem to be largely undocumented (or at least difficult to find in the Help system). Hence the following question:

I've created a Word document by opening an HTML file and saving it in Word format, then inserting further HTML files.

Why are my margin and tab marks on the Ruler suddenly moving in Inch-fraction increments (instead of quarter-centimetres)? Why has the default tab spacing reset to 1.27cm? Everything in my installation is set to metric, so I'm a bit puzzled as to what's going on. Anyone know? Or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Paulius

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ruler movement increment is no longer metric. (2000)

Go to Tools|Options|General and select the appropriate unit in the dropdown box for Measurement Units.

Thanks

Re: Ruler movement increment is no longer metric. (2000)

Thanks for trying to help. But that was kind of my point: all my settings (including the one you mention) are metric, yet when I open an HTML document, the ruler behaves as if it were Imperial.

Since we don't have any other takers, I'm going to submit a bug report to Microsoft.

Paulius