Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Address Books (2002)

Having recently upgraded from OL 2000 to 2002 (with MS Exchange), I have two problems regarding Address Books.

1. I can't find a way to display an Outlook Address Book (e.g. Contacts) as the default, rather then the Global Address List. In 2000, under Tools/Services, you could specify the order in which Address Books were displayed, but I can't find it in 2002.

2. The Address Book display dialog has changed. It still displays any number of adresses for each Contact (e-mail, fax, etc - major annoyance), but now the type description (e-mail etc.) is aligned right, and can't be seen without horizontal scrolling. Anyone have any ideas how to overcome this - it doesn't appear possible to re-size the dialog box to display the whole entry?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Mike

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Address Books (2002)

1) open the address book using the icon on outlook's toolbar or tools menu and choose tools > options.

2) when you select it from the to button or the message form's address book icon? I don't know of any way to adjust it, although i haven't really looked. the field names are resizable though, and the second field is the display name as in "MaryJ (Business Fax)" or "MaryJ(maryjean@domain)" so i adjust the field names if needed. it's not persistant. Fortunately, i rarely use this method to select addresses. i use autoresolve mostly, but if i need to select an address, i use contacts folder or access the address book from outlook's toolbar. hold control to select several names.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Address Books (2002)

Thanks, Mary.

re Address Book order - that was *really* well hidden - Microsoft 1 : Me 0.

Re the Address Book list - I don't use it much either. I long ago set up a separate contacts folder just for e-mail addresses, and then the 'To:' feature works quite well, even if there's a little more housekeeping involved. Sometimes, though, I use something from the standard Contacts folder (e.g. for fax) and then it's a pain, especially as it was better in the last version. Ah well, 'progress' I suppose ...