Lounger
    Thanks

OWA - Booking Resources

Hi there. We are running Exchange 2003 Server and our workstations are configured with Outlook 2003, exchange email accounts. We are moving our conference rooms to be resources vs public folders so they can be booked at the time you invite attendees. The resources are set up as email accounts with the resource properties set to auto accept appts and to auto decline conflicts. Owner Permissions are set for the HelpDesk only and they are set to not accept email messages. I was reading that OWA does not work for inviting/booking resources and was wondering if this is still the case. We have a few Execs who have POP accounts and this would be the only way they'd be able to book, correct? Also, can you set it to only be available as a resource and not as a required/optional attendee by default in any way?

Thanks.

LisaB

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OWA - Booking Resources

I've just managed to book a test meeting in a calendar in a Public Folder on Exchange Server 2003 OWA, so I would say Why Don't You Try It? I don't know enough about Exchange to really understand the remainder of your question, but I'm sure somebody else does!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OWA - Booking Resources

Hi there. Yes, OWA works to book for public folder calendars, but not to do a meeting request and invite as a resource. Even if you put it in the resource tab, it sends an email vs direct booking. We were using public folders before, but the mgmt wants them as resources. Thanks for trying though!!

LisaB