Silver Lounger
    Thanks

True Image 10 build 4940

Acronis True Image 10 had been updated to build 4940.

Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Upgrade

2007-02-15 Build #4940:

Change History

Backup creation of MS Outlook 2000 and MS Outlook 2003 imap accounts
    File level archive creation fixes
    Better hardware support
    Bootable media fixes
    Fixes for working under Windows Vista 64
    Fixes of working with FTP.
    Windows Vista restoring fixes
    Email notification fixes

This new build is also claiming to now support the Intel 965 chipset as well.

DISCLAIMER: I have not installed this update and tried to do anything with it, especially in regard to the fixes it allegedly addressed. There are some reports on the True Image support forum that there are still issues with backing up individual files and/or Outlook pst files. YMMV

Jeff
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: True Image 10 build 4940

I installed 4940 over 4871 and it still says in Help|About 4871.

Regards, Teunis

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I finally got around to installing the new 4940, also over the top (upgrade) of the previously installed build and it installed fine. In fact, it didn't even ask me to supply 1 or more Serial #'s as is most often been the case for me. After rebooting I checked the "Help/About" information and it correctly shows "4940". Next, I created a new Boot Disk and it too went fine. And lastly, I booted my system with the new Boot Disk and it worked perfectly and I could "see" all my backup images on my external eSATA HDD. I have True Image scheduled to do my weekly backup at 3:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. So, later on that morning I'll be able to see if the backup was successful. I also have the e-mail notification enabled as well in that schedule which is a nice touch too.

Jeff
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I installed 4940 again over the old version (4871) - same problem. So I finally uninstalled 4871, deleted all refs with JV16Tools and installed 4940.
    Now everything is OK. So it supports the old adage: uninstall old versions before installing new versions.

Regards, Teunis

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Teunis,

Actually, I normally uninstall the previous version before installing an update since I too normally don't have much success installing "over the top". But this time, for whatever reason, the "upgrade" install worked flawlessly. I apologize if I gave the impression that either one should install updates over the top preferably or that doing it that way should always work. Uninstalling the current version and then installing the update is certainly a good practice.

Jeff
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jeff,

I then had the problem that my Logitech V450 USB wireless mouse behave erratically while working from the bootable media and reported the problem to Acronis. FYI, here is their answer:

Please do the following:
    Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

usbmouse=off

click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version". That should allow you to use Acronis True Image in some special cases.

It works in my case.
    Teunis

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm afraid this is not a new problem. I've been surprised that Acronis hasn't been able to solve it yet, rather than the "workaround." For reference, see <post:=576,852>post 576,852</post:> and others in that thread.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Teunis,

Yes, that is a well-known problem with some USB mice on some systems. Personally, I use a Logitech MX1000 but connect it to a PS2 port using the USB>PS2 adapter. I haven't tried plugging in this mouse using the USB port since upgrading to TI 10 4940 nor since installing Vista Ultimate.... nor since upgrading my Mouse drivers to the new SetPoint 3.3 version that was released last week. But I do know that most who have this problem find the "fix" you mentioned to work well for them.

Jeff
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Thanks

Having had some blue screen problems and poor support experiences with the initial TI 10 release, I had totally cleaned it out and mopped up the registry.

When this new build came out I installed it to try again. But this build is not working for me. It installed fine, created the rescue media fine. Even restored a file from an old archive fine.

But when I tried to do a real-time backup, It took 100% of my CPU for 35 minutes wall time to back up 9-10GB across 2 disks. I had to cancel out of verification because it said it would take 6 days!

I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. Then tested a real-time backup for another hard drive. Same problem though. My CPU monitor immediately showed CPU utilization jump to 100% and make any other action on the system slow as molasses on a cold winter day. So I canceled this test.

Running WinXP2 with all the latest hotfixes. Anyone else experience high CPU load problem when running an image backup?