2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Downloading Plugins (Windows XP)

I consider myself somewhat computer literate but, maybe not enough. When I go to view an internet video, it says that I have to download and install a Plug In (This is on a new dual core Athlon 4200 computer). So I click "Click here to download pulgin". The Plugin Finder Service box comes up so I click Manual Install which brings me to Microsoft Media; I leave it as the "Windows Media Player" and download. Then I execute this file (I'm now up to 3 times doing this) and it doesn't give me the software I need to view these videos. Any ideas would be appreciated and, in advance, thanks for any help you can provide.
    Bob

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Downloading Plugins (Windows XP)

It will be very helpful if you post more details: from which website you try to watch a video, what kind of video it is, which browser do you use (Internet Explorer?), what happens if you use another browser (for instance, Firefox), do you have all kind of media players (RealPlayer, QuickTime) installed on your computer ?

Without this information it is hard to determine your problem. For example, if you are using Internet Explorer 7, you can open Internet Options (from Tools menu), then click Programs tab and then click "Manage add-ons" button closer to the bottom of the window. But it is hard to say which exactly add-on do you need...