Thanks

Windows CardSpace

I noticed this morning in my control panel an icon named "Windows CardSapce". In reading through the information I see that it came with the .Net 3 and that it "replaces"? Microsoft's ill fated PassPort/InfoCard. In the article written Introduction to CardSpace by David Chappell, Microsoft learned that "no single organization, not even one as big as Microsoft, could act as the sole identity provider for everything on the Internet" with this however the information resides on your computer. I haven't seen any sites thus far that are using this although I know that that is because it is something new. Microsoft's own "Live" site doesn't even use it that I can see, because there is supposed to be a <font color=448800>green</font color=448800> button to click on to use the CardSpace.
    This is just my slant on this. I am all for tighter security when it comes to protecting my personal information.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows CardSpace

Is this cure worse than the disease? I have a long list of my URL and IP addresses, usernames and passwords because I am only a man - I couldn't memorize even one password of 8 random alphanumeric characters. The list is on the flash drive I hold in my pocket, and this is not secure (is it?). But with CardSpase, I must hold cards backup (also password protected?) on the same drive, restore backup on any computer I use to connect, and do not forget to delete restored cards... And my identity will be confirmed by an identity provider, but who will pay for the service? I will trough higher prices! To me, an idea of CardSpase is DOA (Dead On Arrival).

Thanks

Re: Windows CardSpace

I have been using Steganos Password manager, and keep the lists synchronized between my PC and laptop. I also keep a list on my WD USB drive under lock and key using Password Protect USB. I can stick that into any computer and unlock and use should I need to.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)