Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cut/Copy/Paste in calendar (Outlook 2007)

Either something is wrong or Microsoft has forgotten a feature again. I did a totally clean install of Vista Utilmate and Office 2007 Ultimate. When in Outlook calendar, right clicking on an appointment (to cut or copy it) does not give those option in the menu that appears. You must go up to the Edit pull-down menu. Really seems stupid to me to require those extra movements.

I had this same issue with Outlook 2003 (not XP) and someone said I had messed up the program. Well, this happens when no other programs (other than Vista and Office) are on the computer. Has this been a Microsoft oversight or can cut/copy/paste option be added to the right click menu?

Those options are available in Outlook Mail and Contacts - so why not in calendar mode?

Thanks ever so much.

RonT

Thanks

Re: Cut/Copy/Paste in calendar (Outlook 2007)

I can replicate what you're describing. However, it does appear that Ctrl+C will copy a selected appointment and Ctrl+P will paste it into a selected time slot. (Just playing with this, it seems that if the day or week, start and end times are the same, Outlook makes it a repeating appointment. Hmmm...)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply.Yes, using the Ctrl key in combo with C, V, P will do those things in most Microsoft programs. However, having those functions on the right click seems like a very reasonable, sensible thing. At least I know I am not crazy. So, MS screwed up with a very obvious omission.

Is there any way to change that right click menu (by adding those functions)?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You will find that in Office 2007, a lot has been removed from the "Right Click". I do NOT have a list but the wife and I have found many things removed. We do NOT have Outlook as we are running the Home and Student version.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

What I'm talking about wasn't in Outlook 2003 either. It just seems like such a simple thing to have. Do you know anyway to add to the right click menu in calendar?

Thanks.

Ron

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Well, in my copy of Outlook 2003 from Office Pro SP2, I have a "Paste" when I have something in the clipboard, in all entry areas of a "New Appointment or when editing an appoinment. I even checked the other areas of Outlook and I have the same options in ALL areas where a entry can be made.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dave,

Thanks for responding again. I don't understand the situation. To be real specific - those functions are in the right click menu in every aspect of Outlook except when the calendar is the active screen and say I want to copy an appointment from one day and repeat it on another day. If I right click on the first appointment, those options don't appear and I must go to the Edit pull down menu, copy the appointment, move the cursor to the date where I want it duplicated and then must go back up to the Edit pull down menu to use paste.

It can't be interference from any other program because only totally fresh installs of Vista and Office 2007 (both Ultimate) were on the computer. I had the same thing with 2003.

Thanks again.

Ron

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yes, That is true, since you can NOT make a entry in the Calendar view you must be in the new or edit pane to make any entries.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your input. I guess sometimes in life we just have to accept what is!

Ron