Lounger
    Thanks

Woody Newsletters & Rules (2007)

Though I'm running OL2007, I had the same issue with my previous version of Outlook.

Woody's different newsletters- Mere Mortals, Office Watch, E-mail Essentials- all have different "senders". Office Watch seems to be the only newsletter that has a static sender, so the rule that I have set up to send new issues to the Woodys Inbox works for Office Watch. However, I cannot seem to figure out a way to get MM or E-mail to move to the same inbox upon arrival. I have tried different uses of the * wildcard, but they're not working.

Would anyone have the "magic" rule? Thanks in advance./ cel

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Woody Newsletters & Rules (2007)

Have you tried creating a rule based on specific text in the subject (you'd have to start from a blank rule)? Or is that too general, so that other mails get moved too?

Lounger
    Thanks

Hans-

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, with mixed results. "OfMM" works fine, but "EE" moves way more than E-mail Essentials (BurpEE, for example).

I would think that there would be a way to do this. Starting from a blank rule was something that I hadn't tried. Will keep at it. Thanks./ cel

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can also create a rule based on "with specific words in the body". It should be possible to find a sufficiently unique phrase, for example Mere Mortals, to limit the rule to the appropriate newsletter.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Cel,

Not sure about OL2007 as I am running OL2003. I subscribe to Office Watch, E-Mail Essentials and Access Watch. I have a Rules and Alerts item that filters all incoming Woody messages to a folder called TipsWoody. Attached is a snapshot of how I have the Rules set-up. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Bob

Thanks

Hereis what I have and they all work, but I did have to do them using a blank rule, and tie them my Outlook contacts however.
    1: from: @lists.woodyswatch.com goes to folder WOPR
    2: from: LoungeAdmin goes to Repy to post which is a sub folder of WOPR
    3: from WindowsSecrets goes to folder WOPR
    4: from: Office Watch goes to folder WOPR
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)