Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Index in Access 2003 (2003)
2007-02-22, 00:42 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2004
- White Oak, Pennsylvania, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Index in Access 2003 (2003)
I just upgraded to Access 20003 - Office 11 and any code that references an index on a table:
Names.index = "PrimryKey"
generates an error message that indicates the index property is not a valid property for the type of object - Names is defined as a Recordset.
Is there some reference I have to add in the Tools section of VB for Access to make XP version code (DAO) work in 2003?
2007-02-22, 06:22 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: Index in Access 2003 (2003)
1) Select Tools | References in the Visual Basic Editor.
Make sure that the reference to Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library is set (check box ticked).
Unless you need ADO, clear the check box for Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects m.n Library (m and n may vary)
2) If you want to be really consistent, search through the code for declarations of the form
Dim ... As Recordset
and change them to
Dim ... As DAO.Recordset
Similarly, change As Field to As DAO.Field