2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge to a single table (Word 2000)

I would like to create a mail merge in which the merged file will be a single table containing a row for each record in the data file. Can I do this in Word? In WordPerfect you would use the RepeatRow merge code in the last cell of the row, but I can't find an equivalent in Word.

Thanks!

- Linda

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge to a single table (Word 2000)

You can choose to make a Catalog from the Tools Mail Merge command.
    This gives one line per record. Make your document into a table with one row.
    Hope this helps
    Ruth

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge to a single table (Word 2000)

Thank you, Ruth. I tried your suggestion, and I can get this to work IF I make the main merge document consist only of the table (and merge fields inside the one-row table).

Naturally, I need to complicate this a bit (life is never that easy)--what I want is text at the top that is merged in once. The text at the top will consist of merge fields as well as text. Then, below that is my table that will also have text and merge fields. That's the table that needs to have one record per row.

I see that as soon as I add text at the top, it merges a separate table for each record, which is not what I want. This shouldn't be that hard--I must be missing something.

- Linda