Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Logitech diNovo keyboard

From your choice of words, it sounds like you've seen it somewhere, so I'll ask. Is this the one you're thinking about: <A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=12339">Logitech

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard

I'm tempted by the good looks, quiet keystrokes and smooth action of this keyboard but concerned it may be too slow and tiring (laptop-type key action) to use for long periods. Anybody had any actual experience of using it? 2nd problem is that I occasionally have to use extended ASCII characters in various applications (Alt + numeric keypad + number) when translating from German into English, but the diNovo has no numeric pad - is there some other way of getting extended ASCII characters on it? Would I really be better off (in practical terms at any rate) with a conventional keyboard - such as the Logitech MX3200? Any alternative suggestions for keyboards that combine style and practicality?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Logitech diNovo keyboard

Thanks very much for your response, Al. Sorry, I meant to put "Edge" in the title. I am aware of the other Logitech keyboards (with keypad) you mention, but must admit to still being tempted by the even slicker looks of the Edge, which I've admittedly only seen on paper (cost level means virtually impossible in the UK to find a retail outlet which stocks it for hands-on trial). It's helpful to have your general confirmation that Logitech keyboards are a good bet. I've certainly been delighted with an MX1000 mouse and reasonably satisfied with a webcam from them.

I do realise it's a "how long is a piece of string" type question about keyboards in general - but people are sometimes kind enough to offer really relevant comments.