New Lounger
    Thanks

Unwanted Font Color change (Word 2003)

Hi; First off I want to say thanks to Joe for his answer about backups yesterday.
    Now for another one. Sometimes in Word 2003 I can be typing along uneventfully and all of a sudden for no reason that I can identify - no unusual keys hit or anything like that - and all of a sudden in mid line the fonts will become red. Backspacing and retyping simply moves the red as far back as the backspacing went. I've tried to change the color selection nut to no avail. The only way I've found to get around this is to select everything but the red and copy it. Then I can open a new document and paste the material into it. All is well from then on. Occurrence is sporadic and sometimes it won't happen for weeks, then several times in the next few documents. While not fatal to the writing process it is very annoying. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for your answer. The overall knowledge shown in this lounge is impressive; I'm glad I got to it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unwanted Font Color change (Word 2003)

Check the Reviewing toolbar to see if you have accidentally turned on Track Changes.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans, Unfortunately there was nothing like that. This would happen in a document that was opened in a perfectly normal fashion and well into the body of the letter. And like I said, in the reconstituted document there would be no problem, then all would be well till a couple of days or weeks later.
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No idea, really, what might be causing this. You might try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans, It looks like there mght be something in that but with all those references it'l most likely take me a while to get through them. It is frustrating that this only happens sporadically; makes it hard to catch it in the act. Thanks for your help as always. Chuck