Thread: VB.NET (VB)

New Lounger
    Thanks

VB.NET (VB)

Hi all you .NET fans.

Just got a copy of .NET for Christmas, most of my experience in programming is with VBA.
    I have a Image control on a Web form, that I would like to display a picture, from the Url property of the control I have clicked and picked a jpeg file that I load into Default ASPX folder, I can see the picture in design mode, but I can't see it from the IE browser when it has been debugged.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
    Magoo.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: VB.NET (VB)

Hi Magoo,

Can you post some code from the ASPX page (and also the associated VB file, if you have one)? That will help us diagnose the issue more quickly.

Can you confirm that the image is in the same web folder as the ASPX file that you're using? Also, I find it helpful to view the HTML source of the ASPX page to troublehshoot issues like this. In your case, you'll want to look to make sure the reference to the image is in the correct format. Assuming the ASPX page and image are in the same folder, the ImageUrl property of the image control should simply be the image's file name (no folders or path references are needed).

Hope this helps

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Mark, thanks for you reply.

I'm not sure if I messed up some where...first time I have had the chance to use visual studio 2005, actually first to venture into HTML.
    Every experience for me is a learning experience at the moment.

Thank you,
    Magoo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Magoo,

The problem is that you're placing the image in the App_Data folder. The special web folders have specific purposes in .NET websites. As it turns out, the App_Data folder is used for data sources (such as Access MDBs or XML files) that are never sent directly to users. You'll want to place the image in a different folder - most commonly something like "Images". Here's an article that explains the special .NET folders: http://blogs.msdn.com/echarran/archive/200.../29/564243.aspx

Also, I'm not sure if you're working directly with the HTML or only using the designer. I would recommend keeping an eye on the HTML since there seem to be a large number of

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your time....and direction.