3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe acrobat flash (IE6 SPK2)

hi everyone;
    Could I please get some help?
    For my machine here at home, I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Flash 9.0, and so it shows in my desktop, but cannot get it to run in Internet Explorer; so there are some links which do not open, or display a link to the Flash site asking to download it again.
    Any ideas?
    From machine at work (we also have XP Pro and same IE6 SPK2), I copied the settings in Tools>Internet Options>Advanced), but still no luck.
    I don't know if it is related or not.
    I have a motherboard which has a Nvidia firewall, with settings (by default) to medium. I am attaching a text file with The Firewall settings impact.

Thanks in advance to every possible hint.

DanielR.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: Adobe acrobat flash (IE6 SPK2)

Adobe usually assigns to Internet Explorer uses an ActiveX installer for the Flash control, meaning you typically don't have to download it first.

In case you got a Netscape-only version or some other strange variant, try the IE link on this page: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

Adobe uses this SWF to report a good installation; it should report the currently installed version: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/tr...mmcom/flash.swf

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adobe acrobat flash (IE6 SPK2)

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
    I solved the problem.
    It seems that when I downloaded Flash, I was using one of my two ID accounts, but when trying to install it, I was under another one.
    Just by chance, when right clicking in hte shortcut that Flash self-installed in my desktop, detected this instance, and corrected it.
    Thanks again.

Daniel Rozenberg.