2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error Deleting (Excel 2003/SP2)

If a user deletes the value from a cell, I get an type mismatch error in the worksheet_change event code here:

If Left(Target.Value, 5) = "Fixed" Then

I've tried circumventing this code by excluding the line when the target isnull, isempty, equals an empty string, or equals 0, but those all cause the same error. What's going on? What happens between hitting delete and running the code?

--Karyl

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Deleting (Excel 2003/SP2)

Are you sure that Target is a single cell? If the user clears a range of cells, Target is a multi-cell range and that doesn't have a single value, of course.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, it's just one cell. Well, maybe a combined cell. But it only does it some of the time to some of the cells. I think it may have something to do with the amount of validation I have going on, which is much more than I've done before. I don't know. But now I've got even more strangeness going on, so I'm going to start from scratch and recreate the whole thing. The latest bug: I can't hide a sheet. The option is grayed out, and when I try to do it via code, it says the sheet is protected (it's not). Protecting and unprotecting doesn't made a difference, nor restarting Excel, nor rebooting the computer or changing to a different machine. So, that's my homework for tonight, I guess. I will be SO glad to put this project to bed. It has been one confounding problem after another!

--Karyl

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

With all the problems you've mentioned recently, it's probably not a bad idea to start from scratch.