Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Obscure setting? (IE 6.0)

Some forums allow you to make a post by using the Alt key in combination with the S key in other words "Alt + S" to make a post. This is not working for me and many others. Is there some setting in the options of IE 6 that would cause this combination to not work? It used to work but that was before I don't even know which security update was installed.
    H Lewton

Thanks

Re: Obscure setting? (IE 6.0)

There are two ways to assign Alt+keystroke actions to a button or other HTML element. The first is ACCESSKEY, built-in to HTML. The second uses JavaScript, which requires that the site author create code to monitor the keyboard. Different sites may use different strategies, so a general question is very difficult to answer.

Note that Windows uses Alt+key combinations to access menu and toolbar items, usually indicating the hot key with an underline. So you also could check whether Alt+S might have become associated with something else.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Alt + S doesn't seem to do anything at all but I don't know how to check it any other way. It used to work at those forums and still does for those other people who are using IE 7.
    H Lewton

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I installed IE 7 and still the Alt + S does not work. The site administrator says it is not on his end because it works for some. Again it used to work but some MS update must have changed something because it is the same on 5 computers, all of which are updates the same by using the MS update site.

Are there any suggestions of anything I could check?

Thanks
    H Lewton

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Joe, I'll take a look at it. Still I can't help but think something MS did in one of its updates made this no longer work.
    H Lewton