Results 1 to 2 of 2
2007-03-01, 23:59 #1
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Office Update Fails - Validation Problem (XP SP3)
When I tried to run Office Update a few minutes ago, I received the message, "This computer has failed validation. Validation Incomplete: Office Must Be Activated." My copy of Office _has_ been activated. When I try to run the Office Activation Wizard, I get the message, "This product has already been activated," so I can't reactivate to satisfy Office Update. Any solutions to this? I have never had a problem running Office Update on this computer before.
2007-03-02, 00:37 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Re: Office Update Fails - Validation Problem (XP SP3)
Try the following:
- Quit all Office apps.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftOfficeData.
- Note: you must display hidden files and folders in order to see Application Data, since it is a hidden folder.
- Delete the Data.dat file (or move it to another folder); do *not* delete Data.bak in the same folder.
- Start any Office app to start the Office XP Activation Wizard, it should now work.
If you still have problems, call Microsoft and explain the situation.