Lounger
    Thanks

referential integrity - primary key (2003)

I'm trying to enforce referential integrity on a table relationship but keep getting this error message - "no unique index found for the referenced field of the primary table." I don't understand it, because the primary table does have a primary key. I've attached a .jpg of the relationship window and error. It already recognizes it as a one-to-many relationship. I'm not sure what else to check. I'd appreciate any suggestions you could give. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: referential integrity - primary key (2003)

Hi Frances,

Can you post the field properties of your composite keys please in table STU_AB and STU_ABC. If possible the right hand side of table STU_ABC in the relationships window. I just want to get a clearer picture of the issue.
    Jerry

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Frances, there is no infinity sign against STU_ABC, so i assume there is not a one to many relationship between STU_AB and STU_ABC.

Would you send a compacted/zipped version of your database.

Lounger
    Thanks

Your reply prompted me to look at the data in the table I was going to use on the one side of a one-to-many relationship between stu-sr (section resource) and stu-abc (grading). This is a very large database made up from data extracted from a mainframe hierarchial system. Apparantly there are instances where a grade will be recorded (abc-record) without having a section resource record (sr-record). At this point I've decided not to pursue trying to use the referential integrity.

The initial error message made it sound like an index problem between the stu-ab and stu-abc records, but I guess the data is evaluated all the way down before it will put on the relationship (??). I'm sure the problem is more related to the stu-sr data. Thanks for everyone's help.