New Lounger
    Thanks

Presentation burned to CD (yes)

I burned a PowerPoint presentation with music background to a CD. It plays back fine on my computer. On other computers with PP the slide show proceeds normally, but there is no music. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Presentation burned to CD (yes)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Did you burn the music files to the same folder on the CD? Chances are, the sound files were linked, not embedded in your presentation. See Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or email a presentation.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Probably you have linked music files and didnt include them or the links broke. There's a tutorial in the sounds section here http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hin..._tutorials.html

New Lounger
    Thanks

John,
    Thanks very much for your advice! I placed the music and presentation files in a folder and inserted the music from those files. It worked fine and has saved me more exasperation time. I surely appreciate your help.
    Don

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Your diagnosis of my problem was correct. It must have been a failed linkage because once I placed the music and presentation files in a folder and inserted the sound from those music files it worked fine and I am able to play the CDs on other computers. Thanks very much for making the effort to help me.
    Don