Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Visio 2000 Installer

I've submitted this to Microsoft as well, but so far they haven't been able to help. After my hard drive was upgraded, every time I start Visio Enterprise, I get two dialogs, one looking for the Program Files and one looking for Program Files Enterprise. They need two installers from the Visio CD, 1Engine.msi and SR1_Program_Files_Enterprise.msi but they as for it on the "[ProgramName]" disk, as if the registry didn't know where to look for the CD. If I put in the CD and navigate to the appropriate folder for each of the dialogs, the Windows installer cranks away and appears to update the installation. However, the next time I open Visio, I go through the same routine, so it hasn't actually fixed anything.

Visio actually appears to work even if I cancel these two dialogs, but I'm uneasy about something being wrong that I won't discover until I'm in a bind. I've reinstalled the VBA6.msi at Microsoft's direction, but that had not effect. I've also reinstalled Visio--twice. Nothing seems to cure the problem. We're still working on it, and I'll keep you posted as the issue progresses.

Anybody else ever run into this?
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Visio 2000 Installer

After trying a few things, Microsoft told me the symptoms were harmless and I could either live with the annoying messages or completely uninstall and then reinstall Visio. I decided on the latter, using Knowledgebase article Q2882234 <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q282/2/34.ASP?LN=EN-US&>Visio2000: How To Completely Remove Visio 2000 from Microsoft
    Windows</A> and following instructions to manually scrub the registry of all Visio keys. Then I restarted the machine and reinstalled Visio from scratch.

Guess what? I still have the same problem.
    Charlotte