New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Charts & Clear Type (2003)

I publish quite a few excel worksheets and charts as web pages to our company sharepoint intranet site. The worksheets render fine, but the charts look horrible if I have Clear type turned on, specifically the horizontal and vertical axis numbers as well as the chart title are dark with ragged edges. The legend box does not seem to be affected. If I turn off Clear Type and publish the charts they look normal. I am using an LCD display, so I'd rather leave Clear Type turned as it is much more readable. Note: The charts do not just look bad on my display, they look bad on other LCD's as well as CRT displays. Any ideas why this is taking place?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Charts & Clear Type (2003)

A belated welcome to the Lounge!

The problem is mentioned several times in the newsgroups, unfortunately without a workaround (except turning off ClearType) or solution. Excel 2007 is supposed to do better in this respect, but I haven't used it myself yet, so I cannot confirm or guarantee that.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, that what I was afraid of, guess I'll just keep toggling Clear Type on and off!

New Lounger
    Thanks

With a little bit of experimentation , I have not exactly solved the problem but have found that by using the "System" font the charts look acceptable, not great but OK.