2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Chart (Excel 2000)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the cue. As always one problem leads to another. I am using MS Powerpoint 2000 and I want to animate the slide with this chart. The Red block and chequered Bar should fly in as one group. Then on click this Red and Red Chequered bars should disappear and the Blue Solidbars with Blue Chequered bars should appear . On the next click the Red bars should appear while the Blue bars are also present. Is this possible in MS Powerpoint 2000. Plsss help.

Regards
    Novice
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chart (Excel 2000)

That's a PowerPoint question, not an Excel question, of course. If nobody else replies, I'll look at it later today.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chart (PPoint 2000)

Hi Novice:

The only three options you have in PPoint 2000 to animate a chart (apart from it appearing all at once) is to bring in the data by series, by category or by element (data point). In your case, since you want two series to appear at once, then the next two series, then the first two series again, I'm afraid you are going to have to 'cheat' by having multiple objects overlaid on top of each other.

My first thought would be to create appropriately coloured rectangles on top of the chart and group them according to how you want them to appear. You could also create text boxes for the data values if you didn't want them to all show at once. The first set (Red & Red Check) could either be made to disappear when the blue ones come in, or overlaid with white rectangles. Borders would also need to be made white.

I attach a 'started' example - it brings in the first three years' Reds. There is a white rectangle hiding the chart details, which you will need to make transparent while creating the rest of the rectangles.

A fair bit of work involved (although helped by a lot of copy/pasting) - second thoughts may come up with a simpler solution.

Regards,
    Regards,

Tony
    [s] [/s]
    www.SylviArtist.com

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chart (Excel 2000)

As Tony (BilasTasol) noted, chart effects don't allow for grouping of series.

I'd create a separate slide for each stage. In the attached presentation, the "blue" bars have been made transparent in the first slide, and the "red" ones in the second slide. The third slide displays both groups. Not very elegant, but...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

"Second thoughts" - especially if they come from Hans - usually do come up with a simpler solution! Seems elegant enough to me, and a lot less work.
    Regards,

Tony
    [s] [/s]
    www.SylviArtist.com

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Tony,

I totally agree with your views. Hans is the ultimate GURU, Thanks for the tip it works very well even though I have to add another two slides.
    Now another small problem... How can I ensure that the Titles of my slides are at the same position in all the slides. Is there anyway to to lock this using the master slide?

Rgds
    Novice

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In your chart slide, the title is part of the chart, it's not a real slide title.

The position of the slide title in the Slide Master determines the initial position of the slide title in new slides. But you can, of course, move the title. If you want to restore the initial position, reapply the appropriate slide layout from Format | Slide Layout.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Even if I change the Title box in the slide Master it does not change the position of the Tittles in the individual slides. I want to fix the vertical position of the Titles of all my slides. Is ther any way to do this.

rgds
    Novice

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Morning

How about clicking the graph and selecting ungroup, you will get a message box saying that it is an imported item, click OK and then ungroup again, click anywhere on the slide to deselect everything and then click on the (editted because it should be title not total) title and delete it, then control A and regroup the rest of the page, repeat on all of the slides and then go to the Slide Master and type in your Title, it will now be consistant across all slides.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)